Isomorphic Labs Limited, is a company organised under the laws of England and Wales, with registered office at 100 New Bridge Street, London, EC4V 6JA (“IsoLabs”, “us”, “we”, or “our”). IsoLabs is a wholly owned subsidiary of Alphabet Inc.
This policy explains:
- What information we collect during our application and recruitment process and why we collect it;
- How we use that information; and
- How to access and update that information.
Types of information we collect
This policy covers the information you share with us and/or which may be acquired or produced by IsoLabs and its affiliates during the application or recruitment process including:
- Contact information;
- CV, cover letter or other information you provide to us in support of an application and/or the application and recruitment process;
- Information from interviews and phone-screenings you may have, if any;
- Details of the type of employment you are or may be looking for, current and/or desired salary and other terms relating to compensation and benefits packages, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- Details of how you heard about the position you are applying for;
- Any sensitive and/or demographic information obtained during the application or recruitment process such as gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks (where applicable), including information provided by third parties;
- Information relating to any previous applications you may have made to (and/or any previous employment history with) Google or affiliates of Google;
- Information about your educational and professional background from publicly available sources, including online, that we believe is relevant to your application or a potential future application (e.g. your LinkedIn profile).
How we use information we collect
Your information will be used by IsoLabs and/or its affiliates for the purposes of carrying out IsoLab’s application and recruitment process which includes:
- Assessing your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- Verifying your information and carrying out reference checks and/or conducting background checks (where applicable) if you are offered a job;
- Communications with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s);
- Creating and/or submitting reports as required under any local laws and/or regulations, where applicable;
- Where requested by you, assisting you with obtaining an immigration visa or work permit where required;
- Making improvements to our application and/or recruitment process including improving diversity in recruitment practices; and/or
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests; and/or
- Proactively conducting research about your educational and professional background and skills and contacting you if we think you would be suitable for a role with us.
We will also use your information to protect the rights and property of IsoLabs, our applicants, candidates, employees, customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered and accept employment with IsoLabs the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment record.
Our legal basis for processing your information
We collect and process your information where it is necessary in order to take steps, at your request, prior to our potentially entering into a contract of employment with you.
We may also seek your consent to process your personal information in specific circumstances, or process it where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims. If we use your information to improve our application or recruitment process, we do so on the basis that it is in our legitimate interests to ensure we recruit the best possible candidates.
Who may have access to your information
- Your information may be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in the US and in other jurisdictions, in relation to the purposes described above. If you have been referred for a job at IsoLabs by a current employee of Google or a Google affiliate, with your consent, we may inform that employee about the progress of your application and let the employee know the outcome of the process. In some cases, if it is identified that you have attended the same university/school or shared the same previous employer during the same period as a current Google or a Google affiliate employee we may consult with that employee for feedback on you.
- IsoLabs may also use service providers acting on IsoLab’s behalf to perform some of the services described above including for the purposes of the verification / background checks. These service providers may be located outside the country in which you live or the country where the position you have applied for is located.
- IsoLabs may sometimes be required to disclose your information to external third parties such as to local authorities, courts and tribunals, regulatory bodies and/or law enforcement agencies for the purpose of complying with applicable laws and regulations, or in response to legal process.
- We will also share your personal information with other third parties if we have your consent (for example if you have given us permission to contact your referees), or to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of IsoLabs, our applicants, candidates, employees or the public or as otherwise required by law.
- It is your responsibility to obtain consent from referees before providing their personal information to IsoLabs.
- It may sometimes be necessary to transfer your information overseas to other countries within the European Union/ European Economic Area or to other countries around the world. Any transfers made will be in full compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
IsoLabs takes appropriate steps to protect information about you that is collected, processed, and stored as part of the application and recruitment process.
Our retention of your information
If you apply for a job at IsoLabs and your application is unsuccessful (or you withdraw from the process or decline our offer), IsoLabs will retain your information for a period after your application. We retain this information for various reasons, including in case we face a legal challenge in respect of a recruitment decision, to consider you for other current or future jobs at IsoLabs and to help us better understand, analyse and improve our recruitment processes.
If you do not want us to retain your information for consideration for other roles, or want us to update it, please contact email@example.com. Please note, however, that we may retain some information if required by law or as necessary to protect ourselves from legal claims.
Your rights in respect of your information
In certain countries, you may have certain rights under data protection law. This may include the right to request access or to update your information, request that it be deleted, or object to IsoLabs using it for certain purposes.
If you wish to exercise a right of access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
If you can’t find the answer to your question in this policy, you can contact the IsoLabs Legal Team at our registered office or at the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
Depending on your country of residence, you may also raise any questions or concerns you have regarding your personal information with your local data protection authority.